Project Name: Smart Street, Fairfield – Road Construction Works
Location: Smart Street, Fairfield
Client: NSW Department of Housing / Preferred Projects (Buildings) Pty Ltd
Civilcraft were engaged to construct a new roadway, drainage, path paving, vehicular crossing and sedimentation control on Smart Street, Fairfield. These works were part of a larger project to construct 45 general affordable dwellings. This project involved a high level of coordination and staging of the works to minimise disruptions to traffic and the local residents.
Detailed scope of works:
- Demolition, excavation and disposal of concrete structures
- Excavation of material to allow for the stormwater infrastructure works
- Installation of 375mm diameter reinforced concrete pipes and precast concrete pits and backfilling of pipes
- Installation of subsoil drainage line
- Construction of kerb and gutter Smart Street
- Construction of road pavement which consists of subbase, basecourse and asphalt
- Reinstatement of concrete footpath behind the new kerb and gutter on Smart Street and infill the front of kerb with asphalt.