Project Name: Metropolitan Substations Road Repairs and Aggregate Surfacing
Location: Metropolitan Substations, Sydney
This project involves the repair of substation roads and pavements, and switchyard surfaces at the Sydney North Substation in Dural, the Sydney South Substation at Picnic Point and the
Kemps Creek Substation. Repairs include the removal and replacement of existing asphalt access roads, reinforced concrete pavement, reinforced concrete kerbing and aggregate
The works are to include:
- Saw cutting and excavation of existing asphalt and road base
- Stockpiling, backfilling and/or disposal of excavated material
- Proof rolling and compaction of sub grade
- Supply, installation, compaction and testing of imported sub base and base course
- Supply, installation, compaction and testing of imported asphalt
- Saw cut and excavation of existing concrete pavement (transformer runway)
- Supply, installation and testing of concrete.
- Excavation of existing surface aggregate and soil material
- Backfilling, compaction and leveling and application of existing and additional surface aggregate
- Turfing, planting and/or hydro-mulch of disturbed areas.